Information and Requirements
- UK & EU licence holders aged between 26-75 must have held your drivers licence for a minimum of 1 year.
- All drivers licence holders aged between 21-25 must have held your drivers licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- Non EU licence holders must have held your drivers licence for a minimum of 2 years.
- Drivers aged between 21-25 and including the age of 25 will incur a young drivers daily surcharge.
- The following convictions codes we will not be able to hire to: UT50, CD40, CD50, CD60, CD70, CD71, DD40, DD60, DD80, DR10, DR20, DR30, DR31, DR40, DR50, DR60, DR61, DR70, DR80 or DR90.
- No more than 3 accidents or more than 2 thefts within the last 3 years.
- All drivers must produce 2 utility bills or bank statements in their name dated within the last 3 months. Please note we do not accept mobile phone bills.
UK Drivers Licence
- All customers with a UK drivers licence must generate a DVLA share code prior to your booking. https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number. You will need your drivers licence number, national insurance number and postcode to where the licence is registered to. Once logged in you will see 4 tabs at the top of the page. Click on the 4th tab that reads "share your licence information". You will then need to click "create my code" and this will generate a 1 time passcode that you will need to share via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your driver licence number for ZOOCars to carry out the relevant licence qualification. Please note this code is only valid for 21 days, so please do not carry out this procedure more than 21 days until your reservation date. Please note you will still need to produce your drivers licence & proof of address at point of pickup
- If you are unable to carry out this procedure it will cost £6.00 for ZOOCars to obtain the relevant information by telephoning the DVLA.
Non UK Licence & Visiting the UK
- You will need to produce your Drivers Licence, Passport & Return Ticket or "E" Ticket showing your return flight details.
Non UK Licence & Living in the UK
- You will need to produce your Drivers Licence, Passport & 2 Utility Bills dated within the last 3 months.
- All hires under 14 days comes inclusive of unlimited miles. Any hire that goes over 14 days will have an allowance of 2000 miles per 28 days and £0.15 plus VAT per mile thereafter.
- We can only insure drivers between the age of 21-75.
- If you are aged between the age of 21-25, including the age of 25 you will require a young drivers insurance. Charges vary due to the length of hire.
- If the driver is not the payee then the card holder must be present with photo ID to sign a credit card consent form.
- We do not accept Cash, AMEX, Visa Electron, Solo or any prepaid top up cards.
- Security deposit ranges from £250 to £2000 depending on which vehicle you hire. Deposit amount will clearly be indicated at booking stage. The security deposit is a pre authorisation and is frozen on the card for up to 5 working days.
- The standard excess on vehicles is £1000 but you will be able to reduce this down to £100 by purchasing the Collision Damage Waiver. The cost to reduce the excess will depend on the length of hire. Please note that the excess may vary on our Prestige cars.
Travelling outside the UK mainland
- Should you require to travel outside the UK mainland and into Europe, please contact us with your destination and duration of your trip and we will supply you with with a quotation. contact us via email email@example.com or by telephone 020 8742 8955.
- Any vehicle taken outside the UK mainland without prior consent & the relevant documentation, will result in the full excess charge of £1000.00.
- No vehicle is authorised to travel outside of Europe.
Renter shall be liable for the following charges in the event of cancellation of booking.
- More than 48 hours before booking: No charge.
- 24 hours - 48 hours booking: 50% of hire charge.
- Less than 24 hours before booking: 100% of hire charge.
- If you make a reservation within 24 hours of your pick up time you will still be liable for the above cancellation charge.
ZOOCars Ltd can't postpone or transfer money from one hire to another. ZOOCars reserves the right to amend it's cancellation policy for certain events.
We charge £29.00 + VAT administration fee for every traffic offence / penalty charge notice we receive. This amount is additional to the actual PCN amount.
Please note we do not give refunds or credits for rental days unused.